Radial teamed up with CFI Group to conduct a survey of 500 online shoppers to examine their expectations for online purchase returns and fraud detection. It turns out that there is a lot retailers can do to boost future revenue by more effectively managing online purchase returns and fraud detection processes.
Some of the findings for online retail customers include:
- 86% say that having multiple return options has at least some effect on their decision to make an online purchase.
- 57% say that the option to return items to a physical store is very important.
- 41% usually or always return online purchases to the store.
- 23% always opt to return their online purchases by shipping rather than going directly to a store.
- Customers who always opt to ship returns have a satisfaction score of 82 (on a 0-100 scale), compared to just 69 for all other customers.
- 80% prefer to use a prepaid label when shipping returns, rather than handle the return process on the retailer’s website.
- 80% expect the returns process to take five days or less.
- 33% of those who have had an order mistakenly considered potential fraud say that they would not shop with that retailer again if that errant fraud alert caused a delay in the order delivery.
As online sales continue to grow, so do the complexities of order fulfilment and fraud detection. Retailers should review in-house and third-party solutions for delivering on back-end processes that can support continued growth in online sales.
center Download Press Release PDF icon-download left CFI Group’s 2019 year-end Credit Union Satisfaction Index (CUSI) is 83, as measured on a 0-100 scale, down three […]
- March 4, 2020
AUTHOR by Justin Leopold | December 19, 2019 no-repeat;center top;; auto 0px 15 default default SUMMARY To gain buy-in throughout the organization, a top-down approach should […]
- December 19, 2019
center Download Press Release https://cdncom.cfigroup.com/wp-content/uploads/CFI_Radial_December2019-PressRelease.pdf icon-download left description A new retail report by CFI Group and Radial shows that 38% of customers generally avoid participating in […]
- December 3, 2019